Tuesday, October 15, 2013

11 Fem!Doctor Cosplay :) HALLOWEEEEEN

Oh yes.

It's that time of the year again.

HALLOWEEN.

Normally I wouldn't be so excited (I almost never dress up), but this year I am on a mission.

Ignore my stupid face :)
Oh yes. The 11th Doctor Cosplay. I was thinking about 10, but my friend Ryan is doing that! So, if you're also thinking of doing a cosplay (for Halloween or otherwise), here's a list of stuff you'll need:


  • Bow tie (red/blue): I made mine in under an hour using red cloth and a sewing machine. An absolute must.
  • Suspenders (red/blue/black): Again, I made mine using red cloth and a sewing machine, but you can buy them or make them out of elastic. It looks really nice if the colour of your suspenders and your bow tie match :)
  • Linen shirt: There is a lot of freedom with this one. A general rule of thumb is to have the shirt a lighter colour than the one of your bow tie (i.e. a red bow tie with a light pink shirt, or a blue bow tie with a light blue shirt). If, like me, you don't have any of those, just use a white shirt. The one I'm wearing in the picture might not be the one I use, but I don't know yet.
  • Bottoms: Also a lot of freedom. I would say black is definitely the best way to go. You can wear long pants like the Doctor, shorts, or a skirt. You can't see, but I'm wearing a simple black skirt that my shirt is tucked into.
  • Shoes: If you can, wear black lace up boots. If you don't have those, flats, heels, whatever would work as well.
  • Coat (optional): The Doctor wears a beige-y tweed jacket with elbow patches. I don't have one, so I'm skipping on it. From what I've heard, they're super expensive to get, so yeah.
  • Fez (optional): I didn't have one, but if you have one, great!
  • Sonic screwdriver (optional): This one is definitely a nice thing to have. Sadly, I don't get mine until Christmas. Also try and get 11's sonic if possible (the one with the retractor claws).
  • Psychic paper (optional): I might whip one up if I have time, but 11 doesn't seem to use it as much as the past Doctors.
Oh yeah: I'm also wearing black tights (the pantyhose kind), cause the skirt's a bit short. Good to consider if it's cold as well :)

I AM EXCITED.

I'll post more photos later!

4 comments: